Friday, April 3, 2015

Friday, April 3rd

Up and down today with the blood pressure and the Levophed .  Rich was in his awake phase most of the day.  Told him how many friends he has that have been sending hugs and well wishes.  Went over where he is, what happened, where the boat and dogs are.  Reviewed how we met, every place we have ever lived and what adventures and people we met at those locations.  Went over the fun we had on this past cruising trip.  Although the doctors would argue with me, I think he did focus when I was talking to him.  Yes his eyes would wander in between, but he seemed to try.  The doctors are there for a few minutes, I am there for hours.
One of our really good friends, Marcee Cook, did something very nice for Rich and I.  She asked me to pass it along to you.  She opened an account on  Gofundme.com/qs7yrzc       I am strong, independent, and have a hard time accepting the generosity of family and friends.  However, that being said, my Rich is Dutch and very tight as many of you know, so he would probably appreciate every penny.  I also know that for some of you who feel helpless, it feels like you are doing something, and you are.   So thank you so very much, but do not feel obligated to contribute.  We love you all the same and prayers are worth millions to me.  Also, for those of you who have sent comments on the blog, I have received them, I just can't figure out how to answer back, so if you want an answer please use our email.  Rikava2@aol.com    
I feel like a little girl who needs her Mom to make it all better.  Unfortunately my Mom does not have the mental capacity to help me anymore.   Thank you all for being there for Rich and I.

3 comments:

  1. Kathy, we love you both. Wish we could do more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy,
    thank you for keeping us updated on Rich's status; I have been keeping my Mom informed on Rich's status. She has such fond memories of you guys; If you need a Mom to talk toi call her at 210 260 1841. she would listen to you for however long you need to talk......
    she can understand and empathise with you after loosing dad 10 years ago .....
    Please continue to keep us posted. Keeping you in our thoughts and prayers...
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you Kathy! It's times like this where you lean on family and friends for support. We are here for you. Prayers abound. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete