Monday, January 19, 2015

Jan 19 Marathon

Life is good in Marathon.  We have sort of gotten into a rhythm here.  Bitts and I wait for Rich and Kathy to get up and come to the cockpit with their coffee and scratch our heads and bellies.  Bitts growls at cruisers in their dinghies, and then we are ready for a nap.  Rich looks at the weather for a "window".  I'm not sure what that means, but has something to do with our next adventure.  Next they listen to the Cruiseheimers channel, where all the cruisers check in from the Bahamas, Florida, and elsewhere.  That way all your cruiser friends know where you are.  After that is the Marathon Cruiser's Net, which they get all sorts of info on what's happening that day in the harbor, at the Marina or in Marathon.  They don't really seem to get moving until about 10:00 a.m.  There has been a flurry of activity the last few days though.  Rich refilled a couple propane tanks, got more fuel for the dinghy, a trip to Winn-Dixie and Publix, laundry, Bitts and I haircuts, and baths etc.  Bitts and I know when they are about to leave us in the boat while they do their running around.  Our beds go down in the cabin, Bitts gets a Pamper on "just in case", and Kathy puts a CD in the stereo.  The other day it was Gloria Estefan, who we like, but honestly, how many times can you listen to "Congo" and not get ear worms, you know when you can't get the tune out of your head for hours or days.   Bitts is actually starting to catch on with the potty thing, and of course we just love the dinghy ride to the Marina to use their grass.  Seems like there are a lot of boaters with dogs. Rich and Kathy are going to a meeting at 10:00 this morning to get the latest weather update for a crossing to the Bahamas on Tuesday.  I guess they will have this "weather window" to get there with enough wind to use the sails, but not enough to rock Bitts and I out of our doggie beds.  Looks like about 8 boats will be crossing at the same time.  The plan is to leave here, go to South Riding Rock, then on to Morgan's Bluff in Andros.  I haven't been there and neither has Rich and Kathy, so another adventure begins.  Rich says it will take about 30 hours to get there.  It will be the first time for Bitts to pee and poop on foreign soil.  So if you want to watch our trip, tune into our SPOT.  I guess Kathy can buy a SIM card there to be able to use her phone and iPad, but don't count on that happening super soon...remember she is not the techno genius.  Check in periodically to see what I have posted.  I am so excited I don't know if I will be able to sleep tonight.  I will have to dream of those crystal clear waters, and beautiful beaches, that I will tear up in a heartbeat.  Ah, goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment