Thursday, January 8, 2015

Jan 7, 2015. Marathon

Rich and Kathy had another day of avoiding crab pots.  Usually they are somewhat organized in lines going various directions, but today there were some that were hard to get around.  Rich turned his head for a minute (plus the sun was shining so you couldn't see them well), and "Thump, Thump", he hit a crab pot, and the float turned into confetti!!  Not sure if the prop or the line cutter did the damage, or a combination of both.  And it happened again, this time the engine slowed a little bit, so he was sure the line cutter on the prop was doing its job.  Rich was just happy he did not have to snorkel under the boat to get the line off of the prop.  I finally got some good chow for breakfast.  Kathy passed up a plate with a breakfast burrito on it and Rich put it on the cockpit table.  He was looking at his chart plotter when I decided to help myself, and honestly, how was I to know it wasn't for me.  Well with my big paws it landed on the cockpit floor, but that made it easier to eat the eggs, ham, avocado, jalapeños, and sour cream.  It also made Rich mad!!  Good thing Kathy had more in the galley.   I guess there was some excitement about seeing "The 7-mile Bridge", but not enough for me to wake up from my nap.  With Boot Key Harbor filled with over 220 boats on mooring balls, and a waiting list of 25, we had to anchor outside the harbor.  The winds kicked up later in the evening and really kicked up all night.  I heard Rich say they were blowing 30-35, and gusting to 40 knots.  He was happy because the wind generator was making lots of power.  Looks like no dinghy ride for us tomorrow.
Snoozing under the 7-mile Bridge
                                                           Below- the 7-mile Bridge

No comments:

Post a Comment