Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Jan13, 2015 Marathon

Last night was miserable for me, and I guess I made it miserable for everyone else.  You see, I hate rain,, lightning, and thunder...I mean HATE them!   Like terrified HATE them!!  I was sleeping nicely in the cockpit when I could smell a storm looming on the horizon.  At home I start shaking and find a closet to hide in or crawl under something.  Out here I was left to the elements, so of course I was trying to get someone's attention, but to no avail.  So I had to use my secret weapon (guess it's not really a secret anymore considering how often I use it).  I have this unique whining pitch sound I make when I am in distress or want something,  and apparently it is totally abnoxious to everyone and it gets on their nerves in about a second.  Kathy told me to be quiet, but I persisted.  It was after all, lightning!  So Kathy came up, cuddled me and all of a sudden the rain hit.  Well that was a free ride to the cabin. But that wasn't good enough for me.  I mean, after all of that trauma you would think I could sleep in their bed.  Nope, not happening.  Then Kathy closed the cabin door, so I had to persistently scratch on that to try and get her attention, but to no avail.  All I heard was "get away from the door".  Guess Kathy didn't get too much sleep last night because she was cranky this morning.  I'm feeling better though and plan on taking a number of naps today.  Rich and Kathy disrupted my first nap by pulling anchor and moving from outside the harbor to inside the harbor.  There was finally some room as a bunch of boats left for the Bahamas today.  I did get a dinghy ride today, so that made my day.  Did I tell you I LOVE the dinghy?  I would spend every waking hour in it if I could, and I try to jump in it periodically, but end up getting tangled in my leash, then hang off the side of the big boat, making my obnoxious whining sound.  Good thing I am connected by my life jacket and not my collar or I would have choked myself by now.  Had a chance for my second nap when Rich and Kathy went to check in, take trash in, get some water (you don't use the water maker in the harbor), do laundry, and take showers.  They were exhausted from all that "work", so had to chill on the boat.  They say Bitts and I will get a bath and haircut tomorrow...we are starting to stink, and Bitts looks like a lion, so she sure could use a haircut.

No comments:

Post a Comment